BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dickensian Weather

As I sat here in snowed-in Madison, I realized that Dickens does not talk about snow. He talks about lots of rain, and even more fog, but things don't seem to freeze much in Dickens' world.

Therefore, I decided to check the weather in London for today, and I now offer a comparison between the weather of Our Mutual Friend's birthplace, and that of the city where Our Mutual Friend currently finds himself:

In Madison, the current temperature is 13.2 degrees Farenheit, and feels like -2 degrees.
In London, the current temperature is 45 degrees Farenheit, and feels like 39 degrees.

The current humidity in Madison is 49%, while in London it is 81%.

Tonight and tomorrow, both cities will experience partly cloudy skies and cooler temperatures.

In Madison today, the sun rose at 7:11 AM and set at 5:11 PM.
In London, the sun rose at 7:37 AM and set at 4:54 PM.

I am sure that Madison received much more snow in the last 48 hours than London received.

Now the question is: which location's weather is preferable? Cold and snowy or cool and damp? (Keep in mind that Madison got 43 more minutes of daylight today than London did.)

3 comments:

Rebecca Young said...

Madison-for those 43 extra minutes of sunshine(or gray skies) i will handle the snow.

The Young Person said...

I'd prefer London - cold and I are not friends. Neither are snow and I. I could handle the rain, though.

Boots said...

Snow, thank you. :D I love snow.