BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not a Real Post, or You too could be a blogger

This isn't a real post. Every time I try to write one, I have to think about OMF, which immediately provokes a train of thought something like this:

"Our Mutual Friend gotta do those stage changes and re-tape the stage and finish blocking Anne's costumes are so cool I can't wait to read act 4 God I love Bradley Headstone I can't believe we have only two more weeks of this production this is so amazing!!!!"

So, yeah. I'm a little distracted. So instead, I would like to open up this blog this week to all of you who are not directors but are dedicated OMF actors. Do you have any thoughts about the production? About your characters? Pictures/stories you'd like to share? Email me. I'll compile them into a post which I'll put up by the end of the production.

In the mean time, relax, sleep, run lines, come to our last two rehearsals, and I'll see you all at dress rehearsal.

--your friendly neighborhood intern/articulator of human bones/creeper-and-arch-nemesis

P.S. Try this! Name all 20 novels Dickens' novels within 10 minutes. I remembered 16 of them--how many can you get? http://www.sporcle.com/games/dickens.php

2 comments:

David Simmons said...

Well, I only got 15, so Gradley Headstone wins this round, but we will meet again in Act 4!

For those interested in documentary accounts of life among the poor in London in Dicken's time I would recommend Henry Mayhew's London Labour and the London Poor - a detailed documentary work (in four wolumes - he did the first three and others added to his work for wolume 4)about the conditions and trades of the times. While he does not talk about the practices of Gaffer and RR, this is a detailed account of "mudlarks", people who gleaned a living by searching and gathering refuse from the Thames. I have the wolumes if anyone would like to see them.

Gradley Headstone said...

Yes, we shall meet again!

I'd love to see the wolumes of Mayhew's book, David. Sounds fascinating!

--T'otherest Governor